11.13.2005

Mother and Child

Mother and Child
Mother and Child,
originally uploaded by fuzzyjefe.
Nara. In addition to the Todai-ji temple, there is another other sacred attraction in Nara. Deer. What you can't see in this photo are about 6 deer poking for position to get the crumbs of food from the child in her mother's arms. The deer are considered sacred here so I don't think the population is "controlled" like I'm familiar with in the States. Instead, the deer are fed by all the visitors. They become quite aggressive to the tourists, but that's part of the excitement of visiting Nara.

I like to take this kind of candid photograph of normal people where ever I travel. These two were a good subject. Many families come to Nara to learn about the roots of Japanese culture. The city provided me with insights as well.

No comments:

Countries I have visited

Where I've been in the USA