6.17.2007

Thanks Dad


Quiet, calm, pensive, strong, loving, supportive. These are all qualities I think of when I think of my dad. Life hasn't been a easy road for both of us recently. We get through it with each other's support. This picture was taken shortly after my sister passed on and we came home to be together. Behind us is dad's pride and joy: the fish pond and aquatic garden. He loves "projects" especially those outside like training the dogs, gardening, and landscaping. That's the engineer!

I've always been so grateful for dad's calm, strong embrace. From a pick-me-up after a sledding crash to a celebration of swimming victory, dad has been there to comfort and rejoice with me. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. You have shown me that strength comes from God, not aggression. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

Geoffrey Philp said...

Great post. Yes, true strength is in the restraint and fathers who are not tyrants teach us that.

Blessings,
Geoffrey

english sinseh said...

Blessed are those who weep...
The meaning of this verse makes greater sense after reading your post. God bless
http://englishsinseh.blogspot.com

Countries I have visited

Where I've been in the USA