1.26.2007

Free Movie for Teachers

As I was subbing at my favorite school in Long Beach, Birney Elementary, I saw a notice from Erin Gruwell, teacher and editor of "The Freedom Writers Diaries", saying that AMC and Paramount Pictures are making the movie Freedom Writers available free to teacher for a week from Janauary 26-Feb 2. All you need is your k-12 school id or pay stub and ID. Go see the movie. I'll see it this weekend and maybe again at this rate!

Already seen it? Lemme know what you think. I have a feeling it'll be shaped by the typical Hollywood "hero teacher helps underpriviledged students" genre but I hope there's something in there that breaks the mold. The book was very honest about students' own lives in around the Long Beach of mid-90s.

1 comment:

Bobby Griffin said...

Hi there,
Bobby from Bestest Blog here. I just wanted to let you know that your blog has fallen out of the Top 100 Premium Blogs, and thus will not appear in my sidebar any more.

While this won't affect the number of hits you get from the Random Blog Button, it could affect your traffic in other ways. For starters, since you're not in the sidebar, your link isn't front and center for everyone to click on. Losing this link could also inadvertently affect your Google Page Rank, lowering the number of hits you receive from search engines.

Remember, you can always add to your previous donation...no need to start from scratch! Hopefully you've been enjoying the amount of traffic you've received from my site and will consider making an additional donation. If not, that's ok too! Thanks for reading and keep up the great blogging!

Countries I have visited

Where I've been in the USA