12.09.2005

Dotombori: Osaka's Neon District

Dotombori: Osaka's Neon District
Dotombori: Osaka's Neon District,
originally uploaded by fuzzyjefe.
I visited the Japanese urban phenomenon of Dotombori tonight. I desparately needed to get out after a week of home-school-home and cold weather. There's nothing like neon lights to get you stimulated again! I went on a ferris wheel that surrounds a buiding here. It offers great views of the neon signs that line the pedestrian mall. I think the signs are so impressive because the streets are so narrow: the line of sight is so narrow, businesses keep moving up and up to get the best line of sight. The result is an exciting night out. However, I wouldn't want to live in this neighborhood. I'd never get any sleep!

No comments:

Countries I have visited

Where I've been in the USA